Whether you are from Germany, have a relative that is German or you are just someone who likes German products like their cars, beers and even culture. We’ve got German dog names for you. We have also grouped them by sex and also other factors influencing names like location and many more.
Male German Dog Names
Arvin—friend to all
Bernard—brave as a bear
Cayden—spirit of battle
Dieter—the people’s ruler
Duxi—warrior of the people
Ellard—noble and brave
Hamlin—one who loves his home
Harbin—little shining fighter
Manfred—man of peace
Meyer—bringer of light
Rowland—famous in the land
Ugo—mind, heart, spirit
Female German Dog Names
Heidi (Diminutive for Adelheid)—noble and serene
Irmalinda—soft, tender, gentle
Leona—brave as a lioness
Liesel—God is my oath
Matilda—mighty in battle
Olinda—protector of property
Petra—solid as rock
Sascha—defender of mankind
Trudi—strong spear warrior
Ulrika —all-ruling, wolf ruler
Zenzi—to spring up, grow, thrive
German Dog Names Inspired By Location
- Munich (or München in German)– The third largest city in Germany and Munich is home to the famous Oktoberfest festival.
- Berlin – The capital and most popular city in Germany, Berlin is full of amazing history, landmarks and more.
- Frankfurt – This large German city makes an uber cute dog name.
- Hamburg – The second largest city in Germany, Hamburg is home to nearly 2 million people.
- Cologne – Another populous city, Cologne is known for its stunning cathedral.
- Düsseldorf – An international business and financial center, Düsseldorf is a distinctly sounding city that could also make a cool dog name.
- Stuttgart – The city of Stuttgart is perhaps best known for its automative industry. Leading brands Porsche and Mercedes-Benz both are headquartered there.
- Dresden – Situated in the eastern part of the country, Dresden suffered heavy losses in WWII, but has been carefully restored since then.
- Vienna – The capital and largest city in Austria, Vienna makes a gorgeous, unique dog name.
- Salzburg – Over to the west of Vienna is the Austria’s other popular city, Salzburg, known for its picturesque views and storied history.
- Bavaria – A federal state of Germany, Bavaria is a well-known region of Germany.
- Hessia – Another German state, Hessia could make a beautiful name for a female pup.
- Rhine – As in the Rhine River, a large European body of water that cuts through Germany.
- Elbe – Another large river, the Elbe passes through the Czech Republic and Germany.
- Danube – The second largest river in all of Europe, the Danube starts in Germany and flows 2,860 km east, ending in the Black Sea.